16 to 19 Bursary
The 16-19 Bursary Fund provides financial support to help students overcome the specific financial barriers to participation they face so they can remain in education. To be eligible for either bursary in the 2022 to 2023 academic year, students must be at least 16 years old but under 19 years old on 31 August 2022.
There are two types of 16-19 bursaries:
- a vulnerable bursary of up to £1,200 a year for young people in one of the defined vulnerable groups;
- discretionary bursaries that institutions can award to meet individual needs, using policies they set.
At Freemantles School we use the fund to help meet costs associated with:
- Transport, in line with the Local Authority’s travel assistance policy
- Educational visits and residential trips that support the curriculum
- Other course-related costs such as specialist resources or equipment, where it is not supplied through the school’s budget.
Please refer to the below documents for applications to the 16-19 Bursary Fund for the academic year starting 1st September 2022.