Freemantles Primary

Useful Websites and Charities:


Be Your Best – Surrey’s Family Weight Management program – Be Your Best 

Surrey Local Offer is the online hub for 0-25-year old's with special educational needs or a disability.  It provides advice, information and news to support children and families on issues of special educational needs or disabilities  Surrey Local Offer 

Apps Library – NHS Apps Library:    NHS Website There are many apps listed on the NHS website, you can apply a filter to and look at particular categories.  For example, apps to support Emotional Wellbeing and good Mental Health.

Citizens Advice Bureau: Giving people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem. Their national charity and network of local charities offer confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Citizens Advice

Surrey Family Information Service: Free impartial information and signposting service for families with children aged 0 to 25. We can help you find organisations and services that may be able to support your family including information about childcare, finances, parenting and activities in your local area. Surrey Family Information Service

National Autistic Society: Offering support, advice, guidance, training, youth clubs and parent forums National Autistic Society

Sleep Support: 0800 138 6565 Sleep Action Or National Sleep Helpline 0330 353 0541

Eating Support: Beat Eating Disorders The UKs leading eating disorder charity. There is a lot of research taking place to understand the link between ASD and Eating difficulties and they offer support and information to families and friends who are suffering.

Family Voice: Family Voices is a national family-led organization of families and friends of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and disabilities. Family Voices

Specialist Dentist: Dental Services for Children with Special Needs - apply a filter - Special needs dentistry 

Online Benefits Checker: Benefits Calculator

Family Fund: Provides a wide range of grants to families raising a disabled or seriously ill child, or young adult on a low income. Family Fund

GP Carers' Break Payment: In Surrey we have a GP Carers' Breaks Scheme which allows GPs to prescribe carers a break worth up to £300, based on a clinical assessment of your health. The money can be used to purchase alternative care to allow you to have a break or to pay for goods or services that will help you to relax and improve your health and well-being. If your GP agrees that you would benefit from a break, they will apply for the grant on your behalf and soon after you will be contacted by Surrey Independent Living Council, who administer the grant, to discuss your needs. In order to qualify for a GP Carers' Break carers must be registered as a carer. Action for Carers Information 

Local services who can support with school uniform costs: The charities and organisations below may be able to help with the cost of school uniforms.

Stripey Stork - offer new/good condition pre-loved children's clothes from birth up to age 16. Stripey Stork is not able to respond to requests from individual families, but you can request a referral from a Family Support Worker or a social worker.

Walton Charity - aims to improve the lives of people in Elmbridge in a number of ways, including providing individual grants, community grants and support for other organisations, independent living for people aged over 55, and social housing for single people in need.

The Mayor of Guildford's Local Support Fund - helps local people facing financial problems, which includes with the cost of school uniforms. The referral needs to be completed by a professional involved with you such as a social worker, health visitor or doctor.

The Dempster Trust - provides support to those in the Farnham area, who are in need or financial hardship. They can support with costs associated with schooling, including uniforms and school trips. Requests to the Dempster Trust need to be supported/signed by a professional involved with you or your family.


Activities List: 



sen info activities.pdf