Freemantles Parents Group
The Freemantles Parents Grouptypically meets once per month during term time.
The Parents Group is a great opportunity for Freemantles parents to get together and discuss issues, ideas and solutions relevant to their children - refreshments are of course provided!
These meetings are currently overseen by Wendy Boothman, Family Support Worker, and we try to offer a variety of training opportunities and guest speakers when possible.
Dates for your Diary - Parents' Groups 2019/20
Thursday 26th September 2019, 10am - 12pm
|Meet the Team|
Tuesday 12th November 2019, 10am - 12pm
|Angela Kelly - Mindfulness & Wellbeing|
|Wednesday 11th December 2019, 12.30 - 2.30pm||Positive touch - Jacqui/Prim|
|Monday 20th January 2020, 10am - 12pm||Speech & Language Team|
|Thursday 5th March 2020, 10am - 12pm||Intensive Interaction - Debbie Stagg|
|Wednesday 29th April 2020, 12.30 - 2.30pm||Surrey Independent Living Council - Laura Swinerd|
|Friday 5th June 2020, 10am - 12pm||Positive touch - Jacqui/Prim|
|Tuesday 14th July 2020, 10am - 12pm||Angela Kelly - Mindfullness & Wellbeing|
Summaries of information from each Parents Group are published in the subsequent edition of the Freemantles School Newsletter.
Family Support Worker
My name is Wendy Boothman and I am the Family Support Worker at Freemantles School. My 3 core working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday although I can be flexible.
My role is to help provide a link between the School and home and to offer support and guidance to you, whilst your child is at our School.
I aim to do this by:
Facilitating communication between the School and yourselves
- Organising support groups and drop-ins, to offer advice and a chance for you to talk informally with other parents / carers
- Offering one to one support and advice in a non-judgemental environment
- Arranging a home visit where necessary
- Arranging guest speakers at School, to advise on a range of topics
- Providing clear guidance on Special Educational Needs and offering support with your child’s autism
- Helping you to understand and access information from external agencies, that can offer support to your child
- Providing practical help and emotional support to you and your child, throughout times of crisis
- Providing support to you and your child, during times of change at School
If I can be of any help or you would like to speak to me about any matter, you can let your child's class teacher know or I can be contacted on: