Freemantles Parents Group
The Freemantles Parents Grouptypically meets once per month during term time.
The Parents Group is a great opportunity for Freemantles parents to get together and discuss issues, ideas and solutions relevant to their children - refreshments are of course provided!
These meetings are currently overseen by Wendy Boothman, Family Support Worker, and we try to offer a variety of training opportunities and guest speakers when possible.
Dates for your Diary - Parents' Groups 2021/22
Summaries of information from each Parents Group are published in the subsequent edition of the Freemantles School Newsletter.
Please see below the notes from the parent group of June 2021.
Family Support Worker
My name is Wendy Boothman and I am the Family Support Worker at Freemantles School. My 3 core working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday although I can be flexible.
My role is to help provide a link between the School and home and to offer support and guidance to you, whilst your child is at our School.
I aim to do this by:
Facilitating communication between the School and yourselves
- Organising support groups and drop-ins, to offer advice and a chance for you to talk informally with other parents / carers
- Offering one to one support and advice in a non-judgemental environment
- Arranging a home visit where necessary
- Arranging guest speakers at School, to advise on a range of topics
- Providing clear guidance on Special Educational Needs and offering support with your child’s autism
- Helping you to understand and access information from external agencies, that can offer support to your child
- Providing practical help and emotional support to you and your child, throughout times of crisis
- Providing support to you and your child, during times of change at School
If I can be of any help or you would like to speak to me about any matter, you can let your child's class teacher know or I can be contacted on: